Making Subtotals Bold
When you use the SUBTOTAL feature in the Data ribbon tab it automatically inserts subtotals in your list – see blog post on it here.
One problem with this is that is only makes the cell with the word Total bold – it doesn’t make the whole row bold.
If you want the whole row to be bold it isn’t hard to fix.
- Select the whole range involved.
- Use the grouping button 2 top left corner. See image below.
- Then hold the Alt key down and press the ; (semicolon key) – this selects just the visible cells.
- Then press Ctrl + b to bold it.
- Click another cell to reset the range and you are done.