|Date:||July 30, 2020|
|Time:||1:00 PM AEST|
|Event:||Excel Power Query and Multiple Files|
|Topic:||Power Query and Multiple Files|
|Registration:||Click here to register.|
FREE Power Query and Multiple Files
Duration: 1 hour
Power Query allows you to automatically perform data cleansing routines on your data sources – no manual intervention required. Simply refresh and your data is ready to use. You can use csv files; txt files; databases and existing Excel tables as your data sources.
Building on the skills covered in the Introduction session, we will start working with multiple files. For example you may have 12 separate CSV files in a folder. All with the same layout, one for each month of the year. Power Query can import all 12 files as if they were a single file and create a table for the whole year
This session covers
• importing multiple CSV files from a folder
• a technique to capture the file name in a field (column)
• importing multiple Excel files
• merging data from multiple tables
• Extracting header information into a column from multiple CSV files
As always, I will share other tips and tricks along the way.