In October 2019 I ran my Introduction to Power Query webinar for free (previously it was a paid session). I want to get this information out to as many people as possible. please share this resource with colleagues and your network.
The detailed pdf manual and example file can be downloaded by using the button below. Content listed below the video.
Power Query allows you to automatically perform data cleansing routines on your data sources – no manual intervention required. Simply refresh and your data is ready to use. You can use csv files; txt files; databases and existing Excel tables as your data sources. Learn the basics, plus an advanced technique to automate data cleansing routines on your data sources.
CPD note – if you are claiming CPD for watching this recording you need to keep your own records. People who attend the live sessions receive an annual listing of attendances.
This session covers
- fixing dates so that Excel can recognise them
- formatting columns as text – retaining leading zeroes in CSV files
- deleting unwanted rows and columns from your data
- removing leading and trailing spaces
- populating blank values with zeroes
- populating blanks with entries from above
- correcting trailing minus signs
- unpivot a report – how to convert a report layout into a data table layout
- converting a MYOB report into a data table