|Date:||September 26, 2019|
|Time:||1:00 PM AEST|
|Event:||Macros 9 - Reports and Add-in Creation|
|Topic:||Macro Reports and Add-ins|
|Registration:||Click here to register.|
Macros 9 – Report and Add-in Creation
Price: $25 incl GST
Duration: 1 hour
Add-ins are special files that remove a number of limitations associated with macros. This session will show you how to create a macro that runs multiple reports and then turn it into an add-in file that you can use to create the reports on any file.
To see an example of the report code check out a recent blog post. This session will cover adding more features and more reports and how to convert the reports into an Add-in with a simple user interface.
The three reports created are
- Comments Report – lists details of all cells with comments, including a hyperlink – great for documenting a file
- Error Report – lists details of cells identified by Excel’s built-in error checker
- Adjustment Report – list details of cell formulas with added value entries eg =SUM(A1:A10)+100
These reports are great for documentation and assistance with debugging and auditing files. All the reports include a hyperlink to the cell involved.
Note: this is NOT a beginners session! You need experience with macros to get the most out of this session.
You will learn
- how to use a single macro that creates multiple reports
- to create a report to list all the cell comments in a file
- to create a report to list errors in a file
- to create a report to list the manual adjustments in a file
- the Select Case structure
- how to add options to the right click menu
- the advantages of Add-ins
- how to convert a file into an Add-in
This is a code intensive session with lots of great code examples. This is not a beginners session, you need to have experience with macros. As always, I will share a few general tips along the way.