|1:00 PM AEDST
|FREE Intro to Power Pivot (1.5 hours)
|Introduction to PowerPivot
|Click here to register.
Introduction to Power Pivot
Duration: 1.5 hours
Power Pivot removes the limit of one table, one report for your Pivot Tables. You can combine data from multiple sources into a single report. You can summarise tables in relational databases without involving the database administrator or having to have a View created.
Its a pivot table on steroids (in a good way). Power Pivot can report on virtually any relational data base as well as bringing together data from different sources into a single report. Eg combining a csv file; an Access database and an Excel table.
We will use an Access database in this session. YOU DO NOT NEED TO HAVE ACCESS INSTALLED ON YOUR PC/LAPTOP.
The session will cover
- background information on using relational databases
- creating a PowerPivot report from a large relational database
- adding tables to the data model to expand the reporting possibilities
- techniques to make the report more reader-friendly
- hiding fields to simplify the interface
- using Slicers
- an introduction to DAX
- books and websites to help you learn more