|Date:||September 25, 2019|
|Time:||1.00 PM (AEST)|
|Event:||Excel Data Validation|
|Topic:||Excel Data Validation|
|Registration:||Click here to register.|
Webinar – Excel Data Validation
Price: $25.00 incl GST
Duration: 1.5 hours
Excel has a built-in Data Validation feature that you can use to limit and control the entries that go into certain cells. You can use this to make sure users comply with your input requirements.
Unfortunately the feature has one failing. Learn what it is and how to handle it.
This session will take you through some useful techniques to create flexible data validations including in-cell drop down lists, as well as how to cope with the major failing of the system.
The session covers
- setting upper and lower parameters – fixed and flexible
- creating custom error messages
- how to validate the validations and show the user when an error has been made
- creating in-cell drop down lists
- creating flexible lists that automatically expand and don’t require any complicated formulas
- how to create dependent drop downs – one drop down affects the entries in a second drop down
As usual I will throw in some useful general tips along the way.