In my latest free webinar I provided a brief demonstration of PowerPivot in Excel 2013. I forgot to show you how to enable it. Luckily its easy.
Excel 2013 & 2010 (xl2010 users please read note below first)
Press in sequence Alt t o to open the Excel Options window (screen shots below).
- Click the Add-Ins option on the right.
- Use the Manage drop down to select COM Add-ins
- Click the Go button
- In the dialog tick the options you want to install and click OK
If you don’t see the Power items listed it means
- xl2013 – your version doesn’t have them.
- xl2010 – you need to download and install as per note below.
Note: Excel 2010 Users
Before following the above steps you need to download the PowerPivot Add-in from Microsoft and install it – see link below it contains the instructions.